This is an analysis of the poem Vivid that begins with:
Vivid is the presence of truth.
Stinging to the ears....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABBAC CBCBCDE EXEF CBCBCDE EXEFXABBAC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,7,4,7,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001001 10001 110101 10001001 111100101 10111 010101 110111 0111101 10111 0101010 0010100 1101010 101100 1101010 01011110 10111 010101 110111 0111101 10111 0101010 0010100 1101010 101100 1101010 01011110 10001001 10001 110101 10001001 111100101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 149
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vivid;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Events Consenting To Ignorance
- Analysis of Promises Of Love
- Analysis of Paying The Consequences