This is an analysis of the poem Until You Brought To Me Love that begins with:
Closed and refuse to open.
A mending of a heart left broken....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAAAXB CCDeF EGFHGBIiBFF CCDeFiBFF AAiBFFXEGFHGBIIfiBFF
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,5,11,9,20,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010 010001110 1101010 010001110 1000 11011 0111 01101 0110101 1 01001101 0111 0111100 011110011 1110011 0111 0111011 11010011110 01 11011 11011001 1111010 0111 01101 0110101 1 01001101 01 11011 11011001 1111010 1101010 010001110 101 11011 11011001 1111010 0111 0111100 011110011 1110011 0111 0111011 11010011110 11010011110 1101001 01 11011 11011001 1111010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 213
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; me, it, to, gives are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words it, i are repeated.
The author used the same word it at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines thankful is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word it at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase it connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Until You Brought To Me Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of An Acceptance Of Reality
- Analysis of A Patience Stops
- Analysis of What Is Bought To Sell