This is an analysis of the poem A Patience Stops that begins with:
To discontinue the act of it done...
When mistakes are repeated....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdadeXeXafgfgedc bX eb XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0001001001 1011010 11001101 0010010100 01010101 00100100101 0001010100 10100100 011101100 11001101101 0010001000010 1001001101 010011001101 10101100101010 11110001001 11010100000010 1011100111 01101 111 0001 1 10100011101 1 10101010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 209
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, their are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Patience Stops;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.