This is an analysis of the poem Unlucky In Love that begins with:
Love comes to some,
And stares them in the face....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABcd ddefdXgdcf eXfddefee ecXX gXbegbbXABcedcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,10,9,4,15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101 110001 0011011100 11000111 101001 10101 1001 11001 1110101 1111111 01 10100110 101001 01001 01010111 11110101000 1010110001 1010 0111001 1100010 1001011 101010 10111010 111111010101 01111010 01110111 01110010010011 11101 10010 11101011 110111 1000111 10101001 001 1101 110001 1110100 1110001 1010101 100111 110010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 198
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, they are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word they is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Unlucky In Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.