This is an analysis of the poem When You Close Your Eyes that begins with:
If you see me bleed,
Without coming to my comfort to aid....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabcdd eebXXXcXXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01111 0110011001 01101 01010001100 101 011101011 1 100100101 011111 010101010 1100100 100101000 11111 101 1101 11010001 11001010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 237
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When You Close Your Eyes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.