This is an analysis of the poem Uninvolved But With Kept Expectations that begins with:
Few doubters are left sitting on any fence,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbCaaXdb aeef AbCeeefX cafXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,8,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101101 101 01001110011 111011010010 101 01 00111010 010001 10110111101 100010 11111 100011010100 11011101101 101 01001110011 0110010011 0011011010 010 01000 11001001101 00010 10001010101 0100100 01010100 0010010010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 197
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Uninvolved But With Kept Expectations;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of That Was Many Years Ago
- Analysis of We Laugh At Their Independence
- Analysis of Just To Pooh-Pooh The Doing