This is an analysis of the poem That Was Many Years Ago that begins with:
I was told many years ago,
By a college professor......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXcXde XafbXfgX cdgfeXacd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110001 1010010 1101000111 110 11110001000101 111100101 111011100 011000011110 1 1011110001 01 1101111111 1110110110 1101101 10011011111 010100100011 1 01 1111010011 010001 111101011001 1111010110100 11 111110101000001100 01011011101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 272
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of That Was Many Years Ago;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of We Laugh At Their Independence
- Analysis of Just To Pooh-Pooh The Doing
- Analysis of Done With A Doing Of It