This is an analysis of the poem Unearned But Believed More Deserving that begins with:
Belittling those things that others do,
With a constant backstabbing to defame......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabacXd beecdXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0100111101 0010100001 11001001100 110100101 0111110100 1010000110 11100100111100 111010010100 10101010101010 11000010001001 0010100101110110 01100100001011 011011010 1110101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 316
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Unearned But Believed More Deserving;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Blinding Effectiveness That Feeds A Quest
- Analysis of Whether Negative Or Indifferent
- Analysis of Unchallenged And Unchanged