This is an analysis of the poem Topsy-Turvy that begins with:
They're robbing Peter,
To pay Paul on their debts....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCD EEFD XGHI HJKB XGHI ABCD XGHI EEFD XGHI ABCDXHJKBh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010 011111 11110101 01110101 01010 0101110 0111 01011111 11011 1111011 1101 011010 1111 01001010 10011 101010011 11011 1111011 1101 011010 11010 011111 11110101 01110101 11011 1111011 1101 011010 01010 0101110 0111 01011111 11011 1111011 1101 011010 11010 011111 11110101 01110101 1111 01001010 10011 101010011 111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 110
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Topsy-Turvy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of No One Has To Know You Are Not Medicated
- Analysis of Miracle On Barbour Street
- Analysis of Contiguous