This is an analysis of the poem Miracle On Barbour Street that begins with:
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcdceeXfcXc fgdXX hed ihiX ia baigajgdXX ijXfe XiX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,5,3,4,2,10,5,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10 10 111100 00111 10110110 10110101 0110010 11011 010110 10101 00101 110100100 0101011 10101 1111 10101001 111 11001 1110 11111101 00100 1110111 110 11010001 0110 11 1111001 11010 1101001101 101011 11001 1010110 11101001 1010001 0100111100 001001 111010010101 1 01111 11010100100 1111101100111 110100101010 1 01 1110110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Miracle On Barbour Street;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Contiguous
- Analysis of You Rather Have Yours Split Without A Banana
- Analysis of Corporate Intellects