This is an analysis of the poem To Know The Affects Of Neglect that begins with:
To know the affects of neglect to accept,
Without expressing any hint of bitterness left......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbcadXcX XdX XXXbXcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001001001 0101010101001 01010 010001101 1110101001 01101011 10001 1111010 100100010 11001011 11011111110 11011101 010101011 1 111 1100111001 1101 11110010 00100110 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Know The Affects Of Neglect;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.