This is an analysis of the poem Fortunate And Blessed that begins with:
Fortunate and blessed are they,
To have gone through upheaval....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbcdXdedc AbfcXffeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001111 0111010 11010 00100001001 101010001 10010010011 011100101011 100010 10010000101 1001111 00110 10101001010 01010001 0101011001 11010010 10001 100111110 01101011000
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 302
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same word fortunate at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fortunate And Blessed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Bucked
- Analysis of Prince Rogers Nelson (1958-2016)
- Analysis of Decisions Come To Be Made