This is an analysis of the poem Time Has A 'Thing' About What It Does that begins with:
Time has a 'thing' about what it does. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXXXXbXXcac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 110101101 01011011 10000 0111 1101 1111011 0111100101 011011111111 001001111 11 101010001010 111010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 384
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Time Has A 'Thing' About What It Does;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.