This is an analysis of the poem Kept Medicated that begins with:
They don't want to hear it....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbacded dfedadXecaeabf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 111010 0100111101 01100101 00110 101011100 11000100 0110100 101001 101 010110 101010 1011011 110100 0110111 11111011 101100 1110010 1010011010 1111110 1011 010110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word it is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kept Medicated;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.