This is an analysis of the poem Those Voices You Hear Cheering Are For You that begins with:
'I don't want to go that way....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: A XX a bbX a XcXX cXddXd AaX X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,1,3,1,4,6,3,1,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 1110111 11101001 01 111100101 11011 110011 11 1111100111 11011 111 1110 111 1001 110100001100 1110011011 11110001010 111000111010 101 1101110 111 10111 11
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 57
- Average number of words per stanza: 11
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that, your, you are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase that connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Those Voices You Hear Cheering Are For You;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Soon After We Did It
- Analysis of If That's The Path You Are Waiting To Have Cleared
- Analysis of Read Me Like A Book