This is an analysis of the poem There Are No Minutes Kept Backed Up that begins with:
There are no minutes kept backed up,
To put aside to decide to live them....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXXbAaXb XbXbXbXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110111 0101001010 11110110111 1100110110 11110111 11111111 1011110111 00111101010 101110111 1011101010 11101011101 0011011101010 1010111001111 101100001010 001001001 010110110101 01011011101010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 382
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, they are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines up is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word living at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of There Are No Minutes Kept Backed Up;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of That Key In My Door For You Will Never Fit
- Analysis of Comprehending Is The Key
- Analysis of Upset?