This is an analysis of the poem Comprehending Is The Key that begins with:
I had the funding.
I had the opportunity....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abX X abcd X edfF cbX EDfF X EDd ff Xcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,1,4,1,4,3,4,1,3,2,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010 11010100 11100001 1101 111010 101010100 111110101 1111111 110011111 110 110 111010 001001110 101011011 101000101100 0001001 1110 1110 1111010 001001110 11111 1110 1110 1 111010 001001110 111 1010001 0101101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 66
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Comprehending Is The Key;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.