This is an analysis of the poem The Winds Have Shifted that begins with:
Why are you expressing your concern,
For the needs of others......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABcDED FGF EBDDD FGF ABcDED HEBIEA EBDDD djjjdXHEBIEA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,3,5,3,6,6,5,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010101 101010 1 1111001 1011111 00101 1110111100 000111 1101110100 001100101110 10111 1111101 101011111 111011101 1110111100 000111 1101110100 111010101 101010 1 1111001 1011111 00101 101010 10011010 101101 1111 1110101 001001 001100101110 10111 1111101 101011111 111011101 11111101 101001101 11111110011 1110101100 11010101011101 101010 10011010 101101 1111 1110101 001001
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, for are repeated.
The author used the same word why at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Winds Have Shifted;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.