This is an analysis of the poem Worthy Of Love Deserved that begins with:
Here I go again! ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBCDEe aEbFFDF ffXe cccf aEbFFDF caBCDEee FFfXC FFCgF GFGFXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,4,4,7,8,5,5,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11101 10001 10111 1101 111111 1 111 01 10100 01111 101111 01 101101 1111 0111 101 111101 111 1101 0101 1 111 01 10100 01111 101111 01 1 1 11101 10001 10111 1101 1111 11 11 0111100 1011011 011101 111010101 11 0111100 111010101 11110 010111 1110 010111 1110 010111 1100101 01
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 111
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 18 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, love, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, when are repeated.
The author used the same words well, and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word me at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Worthy Of Love Deserved;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Your Absence Has Made My Heart Grow Fonder
- Analysis of Putting An End To It
- Analysis of Public Announcements