This is an analysis of the poem Standing On Their Own Two Feet that begins with:
Estimating a number from observations seen,
It would be too difficult to produce the exact figure....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXabca debXecXc dfXdcXfXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,8,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010010010101 010110000100110 001010 01010011000 0111 111101 000101 1111010 00101001010 0001 11111010 11101111 101111 0110111 111000101 1 01011 100111 010110100 01010111 10010100010101 10001 01101 1011111 01110111110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 254
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Standing On Their Own Two Feet;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.