This is an analysis of the poem Stand Up Or Be Randomed that begins with:
Stand up or be randomed,
If there is a wish......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabcd XXacdb XdddXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110100 01001 101001101 01011010 111 0100101 10001 111110 101101 1101101 0100001 10010 1110100 1111 11011110 10110100 1110100 1101010100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 156
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Stand Up Or Be Randomed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of With A Failure Hailed And Assailed
- Analysis of Fantasies Enriched
- Analysis of Frightened When Alone