This is an analysis of the poem Someone Still Hanging Around The Playground that begins with:
Having things the way we wish they should be,
With a convincing of others they would be better off......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111110 00010010110101 011011 00101110011001001 0110011110110100 11111001011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 296
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Someone Still Hanging Around The Playground;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Delicious And Original Prepared Confections
- Analysis of If Annoyed Beyond Reason
- Analysis of There Is No Permanence Given