This is an analysis of the poem 'Should I Do That With Or Without Embellishment? ' that begins with:
How many grains of sand,
Are there on every beach on Earth....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX X Xa Xa aX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,1,2,2,2,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101 111100111 110010011010 111101 111011101011 1 11011110110 01011111 110101111 1111010101001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 58
- Average number of words per stanza: 12
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of 'Should I Do That With Or Without Embellishment? ';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.