This is an analysis of the poem On A Frequent Basis that begins with:
When one is accustomed to living alone.
And being independent......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXde XdcfXf cecggaXadbcab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001001001 1101010 001100001 1110001 1001010 0101101 010001101010 0100110010 11001 11 010111111 1101 1001010100100 0100011111 10101 11101000110 111111111010 1101011010010 1110010011110101 110101 0111101 1100111101010 11010110010 11
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On A Frequent Basis;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.