This is an analysis of the poem Seeking Someone To Empathize that begins with:
What do you mean,
I haven't shown you any sympathy? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdbX eXdXXacXbe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 1101110100 11011111 010110011 1110100 1010111 101010 1110101 01110101010 11110110101 0110010010010 1111011001 111011011 01101001 1 1011111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 170
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Seeking Someone To Empathize;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of You Have No Idea How Deeply I Love
- Analysis of True Leadership Offends
- Analysis of My Tasks Are Deeper Than That