This is an analysis of the poem You Have No Idea How Deeply I Love that begins with:
I will give you the shirt off my back.
The shoes off my feet....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabca CA dedXaX CA eebfbX CAXaf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,2,6,2,6,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101111 01111 101110 111000 110100001 110010 1101 111101010 11110010 1010 1101111 101101010110 1011 110010 1101 010101 110111101 001010 010100011 0110010010 11101011011 110010 1101 1101 101010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 93
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, i, you, to, be are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of You Have No Idea How Deeply I Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.