This is an analysis of the poem Quick To Finish Mentalities that begins with:
It's not how one starts.
But how they finish....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbc bXdb X XXe ddXX fbc X Xg X hahg dafX eXed dddX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,1,3,4,3,1,2,1,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01111 11110 0010001100 01001011011 111010010100 010101000 1010101 01101110100 111111110000 101011101 1101001 110101 11000111101 1101010 101010011 1001111110 1110111011 1101010100100 00110111010 11 1 1101101001 100100 01010 1010101111 00100111011000 0111011101 11101110 01001111 0100001011010 0100011010101 11 111111010101000 011100101010011 1101101 110101 111101010011 0101001101110 111100010110100
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words is, it, i are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The words/phrases is, it connect the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Quick To Finish Mentalities;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of With That Time To Find
- Analysis of Splattered On An Aging Quilt
- Analysis of Take Your Logic