This is an analysis of the poem Pointing Their Fingers that begins with:
And not too distant from the future, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XAbbcd AbbdXeb cX fbg ghXdXX efciib XX hXbibccfX XbXX Xg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,2,3,6,6,2,9,4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11 111100010 101011 00100101 111101 00101010001 111100010 1001110110 110 0111101001 01011010 11001101 0011100110 1111011011 110011 1010 100111000110 110111010000 1110 11 111 0111111010 110101000100 110 11010 11010 011001001010 1001 1011101001 01011 10 11111 1 101101 1111010 1111101 011010 1011110110 1110010 110110100 011110001 1 00101 0100101011 1111 1 111101001
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pointing Their Fingers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Thoughtful Opposition
- Analysis of Too Late To Contemplate The Meaning
- Analysis of In The Privacy Of Thoughts