This is an analysis of the poem Thoughtful Opposition that begins with:
Easier it is to want and wish.
Than it is to sacrifice time required, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdd bXXdc XX eee X XaXd XXX XdeddXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,2,3,1,4,3,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100000111 10001011010 0010101010 01101000101 0101010110 101111 01101110100010 1111011011010 111101001 01000111001110 11100101111 110101001 011010 10100010111 111101101001 1111010010 11001111 110010010 101101 10101110101 1 1111111 1010101110 1111 11101100100 01101 0101010110 10101010010 10100 1000100101010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, it, they are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Thoughtful Opposition;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Too Late To Contemplate The Meaning
- Analysis of In The Privacy Of Thoughts
- Analysis of The People They Have Become