This is an analysis of the poem People Will Claim They Do Not Know that begins with:
People refuse to believe,
They get back what others receive....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AABC ddedXd FgFeg AABCeFedcge fXfXffd FFDFFXFFDFF
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,5,11,7,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001001 11111001 100101 0010011 1010001 011001100 1 0110101 1100010 1010001100 10011111 1110101 10011111 1010011 0001010 1001001 11111001 100101 0010011 1 10011111 10100111 101010011 001001100 11010001 1110011 1100101 01010101 1100101 011011011 1 100101 010011 10011111 11 11010 10011111 11 10011111 11 11010 10011111 11
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same word people at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word do at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of People Will Claim They Do Not Know;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of I Close My Eyes
- Analysis of Solid As Pure Gold
- Analysis of Living Within And Behind Walls