This is an analysis of the poem Party Pooper that begins with:
A digging of a trench,
Believed to prevent......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdaebXXXfdbfegXfXXfX XchgXXbhbfb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010001 01001 001000010 0010010011 001001000101 0010010010010 11001001 1001010010 1110 1111101100 11110110100 10010010 1101000101000 10110010 0010010101101 00100100010111 111001 1001001000 01110001001 001000110011 001001100 11101110101 1 1110001 10001010 1111100101 010101000010101 111 0011101010 1110101001011 101111010100 11111010010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 394
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, they, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Party Pooper;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.