This is an analysis of the poem On A Learning Journey that begins with:
I am glad you can accept me as I am.
And not feel threatened or competitive....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXabcXdXeX eeeXaaXbbcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,11,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11111011111 1111010100 111101010 00101110 01011101 10111000101 0111 11010 1101000110100001 1 1101111101 11101010111 101101111011111 110100111 11110111101 10111110111 01110010100111 101011100110 1101010101 001001111001 11110101011101 11000110110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 430
- Average number of words per stanza: 82
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, you are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On A Learning Journey;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of What Are The Facts?
- Analysis of An Ignorance To Keep Is Extremely Expensive
- Analysis of Bookends