This is an analysis of the poem Not Who They 'Use' To Be that begins with:
The only ones fearing to leave a phase of life lived,
To move on and accept that which 'is'......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaaXbbc XX dX XbXXX ceedbX XbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,2,2,5,6,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101100101011 011101111 10100101111101 11001010100001 111010110101 101001100 01001010001 01110101000101011 111111000 10100011010010 1101010010101 100111111 1 11011 1111101 1101111 1111111000 01 10100100101 11 101001010010 01011 1110 1 1 1011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Not Who They 'Use' To Be;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.