This is an analysis of the poem No Signs Of Turning Around that begins with:
Many are discovering their thoughts and beliefs...
Have been totally prefabricated, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcccdeb cadfc fgXbcegcebg X eaeadXdXX XXeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,5,11,1,9,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010011101 1010001010 0010101100 1101110100 110101110100 11000100 0010001 101001 110110110 11100100 01000100 111001 11110101 10101011 1110100111 1011101 1001 001111 000001 1010010111 1110110101 1010111 01010 11010011 111110101 00 11011101101 11010 111101010 0011101100 01010010101001 1101000 010110101 101010101001010 101001001 00 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of No Signs Of Turning Around;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Living It Will Be The Experience
- Analysis of Step Aside
- Analysis of Treasure Each Moment Given