This is an analysis of the poem Treasure Each Moment Given that begins with:
Let go of your hold,
On sad yesterdays....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDXXCCE FCFCGE hhXhXiic FCFCGE ABCDXXCCE ibcXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,6,8,6,9,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011 11101 10110 001 11111 1100011 010111 11011 11 11011100 01011101 11101 1010001 0100111 11 011011101 10111111 01 01111 10101 11111111 0101 011110 11011100 01011101 11101 1010001 0100111 11 11011 11101 10110 001 11111 1100011 010111 11011 11 11011 11111 011010111 1011010 01
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 175
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, you are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word live at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Treasure Each Moment Given;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.