This is an analysis of the poem My Mama Did Not Raise Any Fools that begins with:
They wished to dig up dirt.
But I was the one, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXXXbbXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111 11101 00111 111111110 111101 1010101 11010110001 00110100 110011101 11101 1010100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 315
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Mama Did Not Raise Any Fools;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of This Is Love
- Analysis of Until There Is Nothing Left
- Analysis of No One Left To Victimize