This is an analysis of the poem Mental Gymnastics that begins with:
There is nothing like maintaining one's consciousness.
One that others may argue with from their point of view....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXXXXX AXXXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010101100 1110110001101 1010001 101111101000 1111001001010100 10111010100110 101010101100 1010101 01010101001 10011010010101 101010 111010010010010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 282
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mental Gymnastics;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Drugged In A Self Love
- Analysis of The Detachment
- Analysis of A Celebration Of Family, Community And Culture