This is an analysis of the poem The Detachment that begins with:
An acceptance of what is,
To move on from it......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCBC dbddaaaX daddXd ABCBC eeecc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,8,6,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010010 01100 010010011 11100100001 001011010100 011101 0011101010 00110101010100 101011001 11010010001 100010110101 1101011 1011011 0011110110 10010110010 101101101 0111111101 110110 1101000011111 1010010 01100 010010011 11100100001 001011010100 01010101 0100101100 1110001010 11010111100 100001001001001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 221
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same word to at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Detachment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of A Celebration Of Family, Community And Culture
- Analysis of Romantic Understandings
- Analysis of Like A Breath Of Fresh Air