This is an analysis of the poem Loss Of Guidance that begins with:
Principles dismissed have sickened.
Minds unwinding from fixed disappearing values, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc aac XdX XXd bcdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001110 101001101010 10101110101 1011000101 0100110101 1100001110111 101101001 1110 101100110100 111010 1010100 001010101 11010101110 101010 1010111 0011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Loss Of Guidance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Intentions Of Myths
- Analysis of To Brush Away The Cluster Of Walls
- Analysis of I Choose To Listen And Comprehend