This is an analysis of the poem Lieing To Yourself Has Been Your Enemy that begins with:
Open your windows.
Why suffocate, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abX cadX dd X cbXaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,2,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110 1101 01110101 111001 0111 111010 10011101 10010 01101010 1110011111110 11111001 0001000 1101100101 111100 1010 101100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 91
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lieing To Yourself Has Been Your Enemy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of To Experience The Meaning That Is Felt
- Analysis of Call Me Anytime
- Analysis of Why Am I Needing This?