This is an analysis of the poem Know You Are Blessed that begins with:
Blessings are due,
To those who keep faith...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXbcdXe fefAXf gXXgecXX XgebdXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,6,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011 01111 101001 110011 1110010 11011 111111 010101001 11111 1111101 1011 1011011111 010101011111 0011111100 100110 10011010 01110110 11111 010100111 101010011111 0010101 11111101 10111010 01001101110 11101011 11101100110010 11010111011 111010 111110011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Know You Are Blessed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Misfit Beatings
- Analysis of It's Odd We Call You God
- Analysis of Flexible...And, Resilient You Are!