This is an analysis of the poem Misfit Beatings that begins with:
I take a beating for my needs!
I kick myself and sit in despair....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbbXaaaab bbbc AXdefd ghch iga hagja AXahahhfX ed AEdEDEDAgdXd AdXhAjhahdhiiXae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,4,6,4,3,5,9,2,12,16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 111111001 11010111 110 011111 1011101 1011 10110 001101 1100101 111 10111 010101 11010111 11111 1101100 1100101101 11111101 1010001 11011010 011100101 110011101 0110010011 0111 11010 111 11111 10110001 110010 111 110111 11010111 110111010 111010111 10111 00100 10101010 100101101 001 1010 11110010 100 11010111 0111010 010111 0111010 0100111 0111010 0100111 11010111 100100010 010000 01110011 01111001 11010111 11111111 01110010 11100101 11010111 11 11100101 1010011111 01 1010100 01101 01011 01111000011 11111111 0111110 010011
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 193
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 70
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, from, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Misfit Beatings;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of It's Odd We Call You God
- Analysis of Flexible...And, Resilient You Are!
- Analysis of Sacrifice And Faith Are My Friends