This is an analysis of the poem Keep Sitting Where You Are that begins with:
With a flavored taste, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcdXdbXbXaXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10010 00101 101001 11010010011 110111 01110101 0011001 111001011 11111 11101 11010111 11111111 1011101000100 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 428
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Keep Sitting Where You Are;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of When Obstacles Are Identified
- Analysis of Why Would A Question In Your Mind Persist?
- Analysis of Drastic As The Smell Of A Tom Cat's Turf