This is an analysis of the poem Its Significance that begins with:
Substance and its significance,
Is as nonexistent as expressed courtesy....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDAbd dedXded fdXXfe ABCDAXbf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,6,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10100100 011010101100 0101011111001 01010001001 110010000100010 110100110101100 0001001010010100001 010010011010101 10101101011 0101001001 010011010100010010 101010100100110 11011101 011011100100 01101001110101 10101010 111110101010 1111010100101100 110101011001100010 1011101100101110 10100100 011010101100 0101011111001 01010001001 110010000100010 101 1011010010100 10110101100010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 337
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, of, and, who are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Its Significance;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.