This is an analysis of the poem Increasing Mental Instabilities that begins with:
If in the doubting of your own sensibilities,
You find yourself questioning continually......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXcaXdeXfae beaadXdfaX gaXghgc AhGhAhGh AhGhAhGhXAhGhAhGh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,10,7,8,17,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0001001110100 111010001000 0101010100100 11111001 10010010000111 1001000010011 110010010011 001101101 001001110 10111100 11010010 0100010101 10110001111 1111011110100 0100 101000100101001010 101000101010100 1011001101001010001 10 11101001 0100100110010 110111010011100 000111010101 11101111101 11 011011001101 01000101001 101 11000100 10010100100001101 110111010100 10 11110100100 10 110111010100 10 1101010011 10 110111010100 10 11110100100 10 110111010100 10 1101010011 10 110111010100 10 11110100100 10 110111010100 10 1101010011 10
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 314
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word they at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Increasing Mental Instabilities;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.