This is an analysis of the poem It Wont Be Refused that begins with:
If you give me what I like,
Do it in a good mood....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABACABBD ABACABBD eDXDBFBCG ABACeDXDBFBCG ebecXGgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,9,13,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111111 100001 10111111 1111101 10111111 1101001 010111010 11101010 0111111 100001 10111111 1111101 10111111 1101001 010111010 11101010 101010 11101010 00100100 11101010 01100010 111011 101100010 100111 011011 0111111 100001 10111111 1111101 101111010 11101010 00100100 11101010 01100010 111011 101100010 100111 011011 111010 01001 1111010 01101 00100100 011011 01111 010100110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 264
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; give, you, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
The author used the same word if at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same words it, choose at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of It Wont Be Refused;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.