This is an analysis of the poem Isn'T That One Time Sufficient? that begins with:
People do not express enough concern...
They 'say' they have for others....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcddd eFbbFXXeb bb beadgXdbbg aXaecXegeX dXXeXage
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,9,2,10,10,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011010101 1111110 1010 10011111011 100101 110100100101 1101010001 110 1110010010101 1100100010 110 00100101001011000 00100001 10 10110100 10101011101 001001010100 11101111011010 010100011111 11010011101 00100101101010 11 0110111010001 010111001 01010110010 011101010 110001011100101 1011101010 110010110 111101011010 00111010 0100 1011100110010 11101101101110 11011010111101 11101011010 110100111001100 0110110101010101 1101011001000101 00101 00111010001010 11 0011111 11111000
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 245
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, not, to, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words not, isn't are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Isn'T That One Time Sufficient?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Take Your Eyes Off Of My Treasured Space
- Analysis of No Acceptance Of What Is Going On
- Analysis of To Leave That Way...And Be Left