This is an analysis of the poem To Leave That Way...And Be Left that begins with:
To move backwards produces a useless effect....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXbXb acXccbaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010 011001001001 1100101010011 0011101011111 110101100001 010 00101001101001 11001 1010110001 1101100010 110101011 000100110101 011101010100 010100101 0111 1101010010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 296
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To Leave That Way...And Be Left;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.