This is an analysis of the poem In The Denim She Glides that begins with:
I slow my car to a stop.
Get out and my jaw just drops....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AB CCDEEFG Cccf ccfcX XCCDEEFGXABcCDEEFG
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,7,4,5,18,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111001 1111111 001011 11111 11 1111 1111 01011 111 001011 1110011 1111001 110110101 1001011 110101101 1111111 110101 1110011 11111 001011 11111 11 1111 1111 01011 111 1111001 1111111 1001011 11111 11 1111 1111 01011 111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, oh, my are repeated.
The author used the same words in, oh at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word drive at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In The Denim She Glides;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.