This is an analysis of the poem Muddied that begins with:
Their contradictions are so ridiculous.
It amazes how they do this....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb cdec dXf ffg ggcXecbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010110100 00101110 1000110 110100110100 0111101001 1111001 011011 010101 1000101 111 100101 1101100101001 100100 01001010 1110001010111 10010 11 11111100 1101 01110101 1011101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Muddied;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of You'Ve Attached Yourself To Me
- Analysis of Radio Active
- Analysis of Would You Like Me To Bake You Some Cookies?